Prophecy as I always say is for amateurs, but it makes a fun posting and our viewers seem to like it.
So here we go for 2012- How did I score? — The below is from my 2012 predictions and the results –I originally posted the predictions on Dec. 31st 2011.
1. US Stock Market will stay between 12200 and 11000 DOW for the first three quarters and soar to 13200 the fourth quarter of 2012 – Correct – close will finish about there.
2. Big trouble in Europe – 1 or 2 countries fail, 4 major banks are bailed out by the IMF – Euro now (will be) par with US Dollar. ½ Correct — Greece failed and Spain damn close.
3. One huge weather event mid- year involving flooding. Balance of the year quite calm compared to 2011. Correct — Sandy is a gimme – slightly little later.
4. Two young celebs will die and shock the US entertainment world. – No
5. Lady Gaga will announce by the end of the year she is having a baby. – Well – probably a No, still have the rest of December.
6. At the London Olympics – A major security breach will almost end the games before they start. No
7. Romney will be the Republican Nominee (I predicted to Mitt in person 9 years ago in Salt Lake City)- He laughed. But Obama will win the election by 54% popular vote and 37 more electoral votes than Romney. And Hillary Clinton will be the Vice-President. — ½ Correct – numbers not prefect but a gimme, No Hillary VP.
8. In Feb 2012 major Flu scare will kill many in Southern Europe. The US will have another mild year. ½ Correct, US did have a mild flu year.
9. Occupy the World will be back strong in the spring right up to the US Presidential election. No
10. Arab Spring will also be strong- Syria will fall and Saudi Arabia will be threatened. ½ Correct Syria is falling.
Got 40% – not that great.
So for 2013– some more prophecy fun:
1. World starts taking Global Warming seriously –Obama takes important steps.
2. Two super winter storms one will strike the Pacific Northwest and one the Southeast US with blizzard conditions and winds accessing 70 MPH.
3. Looks like a double dip recession for the second half of the year.
4. Truce will hold in the Mideast until at least the 4th quarter of the year.
5. Stocks moving up slowly but I see a 25 % decline into the end of the year.
6. Two major air crashes will shock the nation, one over a major US city.
7. There will be one super solar flare that will barely miss a direct hit on the Northern hemisphere, so powerful it would have destroyed 60% of our electrical power grid here in the US, but luck will be with us.
8. A new discovery will help millions of diabetic patients.
9. Spain and Italy are slowly moving into default.
10. I predict we will make it to see 2014.
Well sleep tight – I predict you have a 100% chance the sun will rise tomorrow.